In anticipation of the upcoming first two rounds of the 2011 Gatorz Challenge of the Americas, scheduled for January 14-16 at PKRA’s Formula K Raceway in Phoenix, Arizona, the series would like to notify racers and teams of a few items.
- The entry deadline for the Phoenix event is New Years Day, January 1, at midnight. The entry form is available here: www.gatorzkarting.com/EntryForms/GatorzKarting_CotA2k11_FormulaKRaceway_EntryForm.pdf
- The deadline for reserving rooms at the Drury Inn for the Phoenix event is Monday, December 27. The link for reserving rooms with the Gatorz Challenge of the Americas discount is here: wwws.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?groupno=2104695
- The series will be hosting a welcome BBQ on Friday night at PKRA after practice that will also serve as the 2010 Gatorz Karting Cup Banquet. All 2010 Gatorz Karting Cup champions will be awarded one complete free entry to a Gatorz Challenge of the Americas race (entry, tires, fuel, and mechanic pass). All drivers can eat for free, while crew tickets will be $10. If you have not yet entered for Phoenix, please write a note on the bottom of your entry fee for how many tickets you will need, or e-mail Andy Seesemann at email@example.com
- Updated Rotax Max Challenge rules and the 2011 Gatorz Challenge of the Americas rules supplemental will be updated shortly. The series will send another announcement when these rules are finalized and they will be posted on www.gatorzkarting.com . Technical updates will include new rules regarding carburetors and main bearings. Other new rules will include the new-style airbox being mandatory in all classes, and the Grand Finals qualifying classes (Rotax Junior, Rotax Senior, DD-2, and DD-2 Masters) must use the new style clutch.
- U.S. Rotax Max Challenge licenses are not required for the GATORZ Challenge of the Americas, but they are required for all US RMCs. You can find the membership application at www.gorotax.com/member/2011RMCSmembershipapplication.pdf
More announcements about series sponsors and rules updates will be made in the coming weeks. If you need more information, contact Andy Seesemann at (714) 289-0432, or at firstname.lastname@example.org